Saving My Tomorrow: Youth-Focused HBO Documentary Premiers Tonight
A new documentary, Saving My Tomorrow, premiers tonight at 7 p.m. EST on HBO. It's a heartwarming call to action "from the children who will inherit the Earth."
The HBO series is a collection of songs, activism and tips on protecting the Earth, featuring readings and performances by Tina Fey, Lennon and Maisy, Ziggy Marley, Stephin Merritt, Liam Neeson, Willie Nelson, Susan Sarandon, Neil deGrasse Tyson, They Might Be Giants, Jeffrey Wright and more.
Saving My Tomorrow is presented in partnership with the American Museum of Natural History starting with this two-part family special tonight followed by a four-part series beginning Earth Day, April 22. “We are thrilled to collaborate with HBO on this important program highlighting children’s passion for nature and their instinctive sense of responsibility to care for our environment,” says Ellen V. Futter, president of the American Museum of Natural History. “Our children will inherit the planet, so it is only fitting that their thoughts, concerns and inherent love of nature be part of the larger conservation discussion.”
Sheila Nevins, president of HBO Documentary Films agrees. “This show is for the children, because tomorrow belongs to them. Their passion will make the difference in saving our planet.”
Throughout the film, kids share their concerns about the damage that is being done to the planet, endangered animals, climate change and more. Saving My Tomorrow combines science, animation and music to celebrate nature and is a "call from kids to kids to help take care of the planet."
"I assure you that no matter where you are on this planet, we are all affected by climate change," says Xiuhtezcatl Martinez, a 13-year-old indigenous environmental activist from Boulder, Colorado.
“Earth is our home. We only have one and if we mess this up ... where do we go next? We don’t have another Earth right next to us, just in case we lose this one,” says Hippocrates Polemis, an 8-year-old featured in Saving My Tomorrow.
The documentary can also be watched on HBO GO and HBO On Demand. For additional times and listings, go to HBO.com.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
France moved one step closer this weekend to banning short-haul flights in an attempt to fight the climate crisis.
- Could a Tax on International Travel Fund a Country's Response to ... ›
- Most People in the UK Back Limits on Flying to Tackle Climate Crisis ... ›
- To Fly or Not to Fly? The Environmental Cost of Air Travel - EcoWatch ›
Four gray whales have washed up dead near San Francisco within nine days, and at least one cause of death has been attributed to a ship strike.
- Drones Capture Stunning Footage of Humpback and Gray Whales ... ›
- Ninth Gray Whale in Two Months Washes Up Dead in Bay Area ... ›
- As Extreme Weather Events Increase, What Are the Risks to Wildlife? ›
- 'Existential Threat to Our Survival': See the 19 Australian ... ›
- Cyclone Harold Batters Fiji, Tonga Could Be Next - EcoWatch ›
- 2 Killed, Thousands Evacuated as Cyclone Yesa Slams Fiji ... ›
By Rishika Pardikar
Search operations are still underway to find those declared missing following the Uttarakhand disaster on 7 February 2021.
Biden Refuses to Shut Down Dakota Access Pipeline, Despite Campaign Pledges on Tribal Relations and Climate
By Jessica Corbett
Indigenous leaders and climate campaigners on Friday blasted President Joe Biden's refusal to shut down the Dakota Access Pipeline during a court-ordered environmental review, which critics framed as a betrayal of his campaign promises to improve tribal relations and transition the country to clean energy.
- After Court Rules Dakota Access Pipeline Operating Illegally, Dems ... ›
- Environmentalists Applaud Biden Selections of Granholm, McCarthy ... ›
- Biden Urged to 'Honor Indigenous Sovereignty and Immediately Halt ... ›