2020 was the largest wildfire season in California's modern history, according to state agency Cal Fire. And, as the climate crisis continues to increase fire risk, there are concerns that 2021 could be just as devastating.
- How Goats Are Preventing Wildfires in California - EcoWatch ›
- Sonoma County Wildfire Spreads 7,000 Acres in Less Than Five ... ›
- Prison Inmates Fighting California's Deadly Fires - EcoWatch ›
Climate change, the coronavirus pandemic, and growing inequality will exacerbate global volatility over the coming decades, a report by top U.S. intelligence officials released Thursday warns.
- Think Today's Refugee Crisis is Bad? Climate Change Will Make it a ... ›
- Louisiana's Vanishing Island: America's First Climate Refugees ... ›
- One Billion People May Become Climate Refugees By 2050 ... ›
Delta-8 THC is a cannabis product that has become a bestseller over the past few months, as many consumers find they can legally purchase it from CBD retailers. Its proponents say that Delta-8 THC will give you a nice little buzz, minus some of the more intense feelings (including paranoia) that are sometimes associated with marijuana.
Delta-8 THC is being marketed as a legal option for consumers who either don't live in a state with legal cannabis, or are a little apprehensive about how traditional psychoactive THC products will affect them. But is it all it's cracked up to be? Let's take a closer look, exploring what Delta-8 THC is, how it differs from other THC products, and whether it's actually legal for use.
nuleafnaturals.com<p><a href="https://nuleafnaturals.com/product/full-spectrum-delta-8-thc-oil-30mg-ml/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">NuLeaf Naturals Full Spectrum Delta 8 THC Oil</a> is made from organic hemp and organic virgin hemp seed extract. It's available in a 150 mg bottle and a 450 mg bottle, which both provide 15 mg of Delta 8 THC per serving. This formula is also available in a soft gel.</p>
botanyfarms.com<p>The <a href="https://www.botanyfarms.com/product/delta-10-thc-vape-cartridge/?aff=14" target="_blank">Botany Farms Delta-10 THC Vape Cartridge</a> actually contains both Delta-10 and Delta-8 THC.This is designed to provide the desired effects of Delta-8 THC but without the drowsiness. They also offer a vape cartridge with a 1:1 concentration of <a href="https://www.botanyfarms.com/product/delta-10-delta-8-thc-vape-cartridge/?aff=14" target="_blank">Delta-8 THC</a> and Delta-10 THC. Note that while vape products can be used to aid in smoking cessation, we do not recommend vaping or smoking because of the negative health effects they can cause.</p>
Harmful algal blooms may be even more harmful than we thought.
- Harmful Algal Blooms Are Increasing Across the U.S. - EcoWatch ›
- Toxic Algae Blooms Set New Records From Coast to Coast ... ›
By Christian Brand
Globally, only one in 50 new cars were fully electric in 2020, and one in 14 in the UK. Sounds impressive, but even if all new cars were electric now, it would still take 15-20 years to replace the world's fossil fuel car fleet.
- United Airlines Will Invest in Carbon Capture En Route to Net Zero ›
- U.S. could reach net-zero emissions by 2050 with more benefits ... ›
- Why corporate climate pledges of 'net-zero' emissions should trigger ... ›
By Jessica Corbett
"The boardrooms of the world's largest banks are polluted to the core... How are we ever meant to stop the climate crisis if the world's most powerful decision-makers are in bed with the companies behind the wheel!?"
- Bank Lending to Fossil Fuel Companies Increased After Paris ... ›
- JP Morgan Economists Warn of 'Catastrophic Outcomes' of Human ... ›
About 66 million years ago, a 12-km asteroid struck Earth. The massive heat and impact likely triggered tidal waves and clouded the skies with ash, The Washington Post reported. Scientists estimate that up to 75 percent of all life on land went extinct, including the dinosaurs.
<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="474549d4c681184b23c1d0074ddd07a4"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w9ijeVkS-n4?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
<div id="0582f" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="849f33f2dcf8ca7c95c2b00b14ee7a38"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1379471492845551621" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">The end-Cretaceous asteroid impact that resulted in the destruction of nearly 75% of Earth's terrestrial life drast… https://t.co/nMS1dbmCCb</div> — Science Magazine (@Science Magazine)<a href="https://twitter.com/ScienceMagazine/statuses/1379471492845551621">1617726607.0</a></blockquote></div>
- Amazon Deforestation Rate Hits 3 Football Fields Per Minute, Data ... ›
- Amazon Rainforest on the Brink of Turning Into a Net Carbon Emitter ... ›
- Amazon Rainforest Will Collapse by 2064, New Study Predicts ... ›
<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="aecd51e2d4377acd514f0e348ea23554"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3twOCNP1Gdg?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
- Greenland Ice Sheet Melting Faster Than at Any Time in Last 12,000 ... ›
- Greenland's Ice Sheet Has Reached 'Point of No Return' - EcoWatch ›
- Record Shrinking of Greenland's Ice Sheet Raises Sea Levels ... ›
By Kenny Stancil
The concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide surged past 420 parts per million for the first time in recorded history this past weekend, according to a measurement taken at the Mauna Loa Observatory on the Big Island of Hawaii.
<div id="a065c" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="119cbc41af39b702fc8cbfd0beb7c3b3"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1379021499651215360" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">Is this is confirmed, then it is truly groundbreaking to say the least. And I don’t mean that in a good way... https://t.co/vwFOENLcWQ</div> — Greta Thunberg (@Greta Thunberg)<a href="https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/statuses/1379021499651215360">1617619321.0</a></blockquote></div>
<div id="cdb0a" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="0e96eaf3ca6f4b665c793281771dda9c"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1379112104687456256" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">CO2 concentration at the Mauna Loa Observatory reached a daily record of 421.21 Parts Per Million (PPM) on April 3.… https://t.co/2KYjC8IntE</div> — Steve Bowen (@Steve Bowen)<a href="https://twitter.com/SteveBowenWx/statuses/1379112104687456256">1617640923.0</a></blockquote></div>
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions Near Level Not Seen in 15 Million Years ... ›
- This Icelandic Startup Is Turning Carbon Dioxide Into Stone ... ›
- Carbon Dioxide Levels in the Atmosphere Hit Highest Level in 3 ... ›
- Scientists Alarmed at Surging Atmospheric Methane, CO2 ›
By Sam Baker
What really makes this reporter's stomach churn thinking about climate change? Thawing permafrost. A scenario where it all melts, releasing copious amounts of CO2 and methane (it holds twice as much carbon as the atmosphere holds right now), and there's no going back.
By Kenny Stancil
Despite the difficulties associated with the Covid-19 pandemic, the world added a record amount of new renewable energy capacity in 2020, according to data released Monday by the International Renewable Energy Agency.