Indulge in These 2 Summertime Fruits for Your Health
In the height of the summer growing season, few sweet, healthy fruits are as pleasing as a freshly picked peach or a slice of ice cold watermelon.
Watermelon and peaches have important health benefits. Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
A study from Texas A&M AgriLife Research found that polyphenols from peach extract slowed the growth and spread of breast cancer in mice. The researchers suggested two or three peaches a day might be helpful in slowing or stopping breast cancer in humans.
Other health benefits from peaches include weight control, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber.
In another study, a daily dose of amino acids from watermelon extract, administered over 12 weeks, led to significantly improved blood pressure in obese adults with high blood pressure.
Other health benefits from watermelon include sore muscle soother, heart health, vitamins, minerals and even a potential combat to cancer.
Check out these recipes in which peaches and watermelon are main ingredients:
The possibilities are many. What's your favorite way to eat peaches and watermelon?
Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere hit a new record in 2019 and have continued climbing this year, despite lockdowns and other measures to curb the pandemic, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Monday, citing preliminary data.
- 13 Must-Read Climate Change Reports for 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- Large Methane Leaks Soar 32% Despite Lockdowns and Green ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
These black-and-white lizards could be the punchline of a joke, except the situation is no laughing matter.
By Isabella Garcia
September in Portland, Oregon, usually brings a slight chill to the air and an orange tinge to the leaves. This year, it brought smoke so thick it burned your throat and made your eyes strain to see more than 20 feet in front of you.
- 16 Essential Books About Environmental Justice, Racism and Activism ›
- 7 Devastating Photos of Wildfires in California, Oregon and ... ›
- Several West Coast Cities Have the World's Worst Air - EcoWatch ›
- Extremely Rare Leopard Cubs Born in Connecticut Zoo - EcoWatch ›
- Small Wild Cats Face Big Threats Including Lack of Conservation ... ›
- 5 Species Bouncing Back From the Brink of Extinction - EcoWatch ›