Coronavirus Trend Update: The Pandemic Is Far From Over
By Gianna-Carina Grün
While the first countries are easing their lockdowns, others are reporting more and more new cases every day. Data for the global picture shows the pandemic is far from over. DW has the latest statistics.
What's the Current Global Trend?
The goal for all countries is to make it to the blue part of the chart and stay there. Countries and territories in this section reported zero new cases both this week (past seven days) and the week before.
Currently, that is the case for 14 out of 209 countries and territories.
How Has the Covid-19 Trend Evolved Over the Past Weeks?
The situation has improved slightly: 87 countries report more cases this week than last week.
What Is the Current Covid-19 Trend in My Country?
Based on the newly reported case numbers – which can reflect local outbreaks as well as country-wide spread – in the past 14 days, countries and territories classify as follows:
More than twice as many new cases this week as last week:
- Asia: Cyprus, Philippines, Vietnam
- Africa: Benin, Djibouti, Gambia
- Americas: Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Guyana, Turks and Caicos islands, US Virgin Islands
- Europe: Estonia, Finland, Greece, Jersey, Malta, Norway
- Oceania: Guam, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea
More new cases this week than last week:
- Asia: India, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Lebanon, Maldives, Nepal, Singapore, Syria, Timor Leste, Turkey, Uzbekistan
- Africa: Angola, Cape Verde, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Seychelles, South Sudan, Sudan, Tunisia, Zimbabwe
- Americas: Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba, British Virgin Islands, Colombia, Cuba, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela
- Europe: Albania, Denmark, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- Oceania: Australia
About the same number of new cases in both weeks (no change or plus/minus seven cases):
- Asia: Bhutan, Mongolia, Myanmar, Taiwan, Thailand
- Africa: Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Mali, Uganda
- Americas: Bermuda, Curacao, Nicaragua, Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
- Europe: Gibraltar, Monaco
- Oceania: Northern Mariana Islands
Fewer new cases this week than last week:
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Georgia, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- Africa: Algeria, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Togo, Zambia
- Americas: Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Panama, United States of America, Uruguay
- Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Faroe Islands, Hungary, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia
Less than half as many new cases as last week:
- Asia: Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Oman, Sri Lanka
- Africa: Burundi, Chad, Comoros, Cote dIvoire, Egypt, Eritrea, Mauritania, Mauritius, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia
- Americas: Antigua and Barbuda, Greenland, Grenada, Saint Lucia
- Europe: Liechtenstein
Zero new cases this week as well as last week:
- Asia: Brunei Darussalam
- Africa: Tanzania, Western Sahara
- Americas: Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Europe: Guernsey, Holy See, Isle of Man
- Oceania: Fiji, French Polynesia, New Caledonia
These charts and this article are updated every Friday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. (UTC/GMT).
Reposted with permission from Deutsche Welle.
- Coronavirus Has Infected More Than 60,000 Worldwide, New ... ›
- Apple Fire Forces 7,800 to Seek Shelter in Coronavirus-Ravaged ... ›
- CDC Expands List of Those With Higher COVID-19 Risks - EcoWatch ›
- France and UK Set Record for Daily Coronavirus Cases - EcoWatch ›