Anastasiia Krivenok / Moment / Getty Images
Looking for a natural way to help protect your body from serious diseases, including certain types of cancer risks and heart disease? One important step is to ensure you get plenty of antioxidants. These nutrients can offer crucial protection against free radicals, which are produced any time your body breaks down food or is exposed to things like radiation or cigarette smoke. Free radicals can increase your risk of disease due to cell damage from oxidative stress. Antioxidants can help protect your cells and boost your immune system to promote overall wellness.
While you can get antioxidants from food sources, you might also consider the health benefits of antioxidant vitamins and supplements. The question is, what are the best antioxidant vitamin subscriptions and supplement options available today?
Our Picks for the Top Antioxidant Supplements
Each product featured here has been independently selected by the writer. Learn more about our review methodology here. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission.
- Best Overall – Goli Nutrition Superfruits Gummies
- Best Resveratrol Supplement – Vital Plan Prevention Plus
- Best Vitamin C Supplement – Care/of Superberry Boost
- Best Superfood Suppplement – Your Super Organic Super Green Mix
- Best Coenzyme Q10 Supplement – Global Healing CoQ10 & BioPQQ with Shilajit
- Best Veggie Supplement – Sunwarrior Clean Greens and Protein
Which Foods Contain Antioxidant Vitamins?
One way to increase your body’s production of antioxidants is through consuming the right foods. Vegetarian meals and vegan snacks allow you enjoy antioxidant-rich fruits andSome of the most common dietary antioxidant sources include:
- Vitamin A – This vitamin is commonly found in eggs, milk, and butter.
- Vitamin C – Most fruits and vegetables will boost your supply of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E – Find this vitamin in nuts and seeds, including almonds and peanuts, as well as leafy green vegetables.
- Beta-carotene – You can find this important nutrient in carrots, peas, peaches, sweet potatoes, and mangoes.
- Lutein – Seek lutein in green, leafy vegetables, including spinach and collards.
- Selenium – You can often find selenium in different grains and pastas, including rice and corn.
- Lycopene – This carotenoid is most commonly found in red fruits including tomatoes, grapefruits, and watermelons.
By fortifying your diet with any of the above fruits, veggies, and vitamins, you can help boost your antioxidant levels. If you want an additional way to gain the beneficial effects of antioxidants, consider these antioxidant dietary supplements.
Our Favorite Antioxidant Supplements for Sale Online
Best Overall: Goli Nutrition Superfruits Gummies
- Includes antioxidant-producing vitamins such as vitamins A, C, and E.
- Made with bamboo shoot extract and a blend of superfruits.
- Gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, gelatin-free.
Goli Nutrition makes it easy to increase your vitamin intake with flavorful gummies. Their Superfruits blend is packed with natural antioxidants from acai berries, pomegranates, bananas, apples, and strawberries. These gummies can also provide benefits like improved collagen formation for healthier skin.
Best Resveratrol Supplement: Vital Plan Prevention Plus
- Includes a number of antioxidant vitamins and nutrients, including Vitamin A and Selenium.
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, peanut-free, egg- and dairy-free.
Not only is this one of the best vitamin supplements for antioxidants, but it also includes vitamin D to boost your immune system, as well as vitamins C, B, A, and E. These capsules also include trans-resveratrol from Japanese Knotweed which can help your body defend against cardiovascular disease by promoting heart health.
Best Vitamin C Supplement: Care/of Superberry Boost
- A great natural source of vitamin C.
- Made with 11 superfruits, including organic acai, goji, and cherries.
- Non-GMO, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free.
Care/of Superberry Boost is made from 11 different superfruits, making it a natural antioxidant powerhouse. It’s also an easy way to get natural daily servings of organic fruit and fruit juice by mixing it in with smoothies or shakes.
Best Superfood Supplement: Your Super Organic Super Green Mix
- Includes important vitamins like A, C, and K.
- Made with six green superfoods, including wheatgrass.
- Vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free.
Looking for a quick and simple way to increase your consumption of green superfoods? This is the perfect mix for you, allowing you to add plenty of natural antioxidants from wheatgrass, barley grass, chlorella, spirulina, moringa, and baobab.
Best CoQ10 Supplement: Global Healing CoQ10 & BioPQQ with Shilajit
- Made to promote energy production and heart health.
- Includes CoQ10, a vital enzyme for converting food to energy.
- Vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO.
These capsules are designed for mitochondrial health and natural energy production. They include coenzyme Q10, which provides antioxidant activity and helps boost metabolism. The organic Himalayan shilajit is meant to help increase CoQ10 absorption in the body.
Best Veggie Supplement: Sunwarrior Clean Green & Protein
- A great source of protein, calcium, and iron.
- Includes organic fermented pea protein.
- Soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, vegan.
This Sunwarrior blend includes natural plant-based proteins to help you build lean muscle, and a blend of vegetables with broccoli, onion extract, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, kale, and brussels sprouts. Ingredients like goji berries, yellow peas, and coconut add even more natural antioxidants.
What are Antioxidants?
As you shop for the best antioxidant supplements, it may also be helpful to learn more about antioxidants overall.
Essentially, antioxidants are molecules that fight free radicals within your body. Free radicals are the byproducts of the process your body uses to turn food into energy. They are very unstable molecules and can lead to real harm if they become too concentrated; for example, free radical damage can increase your risk of certain cancers and heart disease, and they may also lead to macular degeneration and premature aging of your skin. Making sure you get plenty of antioxidants is a great way to help maintain healthy skin.
Since free radicals are constantly being produced within your body, it’s crucial to maintain balance with regular antioxidant production. Antioxidants help protect your cells by counteracting the oxidation caused by free radicals. If you don’t get enough antioxidants from your diet, antioxidant supplementation can help.
How Do Antioxidant Supplements Work?
You can get antioxidants by eating the right foods, including foods that feature the vitamins and nutrients we listed above. However, dietary nutrition may not be enough to ensure you have the antioxidant levels you need. Antioxidant supplements give you super-concentrated doses of antioxidants or the nutrients your body needs to produce its own antioxidants.
How to Choose the Best Antioxidant Supplements
As you look for the best vitamin supplements for antioxidants, there are a few factors to consider.
- Vitamins and nutrients. Exactly which nutrients are you getting from your antioxidant supplement?
- Additives and other ingredients. Does your supplement include only natural ingredients, or is it made with a lot of unnecessary sweeteners, preservatives, etc.?
- Evidence and research. Many of the best antioxidant supplements will include scientific data to demonstrate their effectiveness. Always look for independent lab test results on the packaging or the brand’s website.
- Value. Take into consideration not only the price point, but also any warranties or money-back guarantees that are offered.
Antioxidant Supplement Safety & Side Effects
Though it is certainly beneficial to have robust antioxidant production, there is definitely such a thing as overdoing it. In fact, there are a number of risks associated with taking high doses of antioxidant supplements. Overuse of antioxidant supplements may:
- Decrease your performance when you exercise.
- Increase the risk of lung cancer for smokers due to high levels of beta-carotene.
- Increase the risk of prostate cancer if they cause high levels of vitamin E.
- Pregnant women are advised against taking Vitamin A supplements, which can increase the risk of birth defects.
- Interact with certain prescription medications.
When choosing to take any type of dietary supplement, it’s important to do your research so that you understand the potential benefits and the potential risks. Talk with your doctor to determine whether antioxidant supplements are right for you.
Josh Hurst is a journalist, critic, and essayist. He lives in Knoxville, TN, with his wife and three sons. He covers natural health, nutrition, supplements, and clean energy. His writing has appeared in Health, Shape, and Remedy Review.