Coming Out of the Closet on Climate Change: If This Republican Congressman Can Do it ...
If you are anything like me, watching Republicans call climate change a hoax is head-exploding. How will we get anywhere if one-half of our two party system won’t acknowledge the laws of physics? This video gives me hope that things can change. It also makes me realize how much the messenger matters. Watch what happens when one conservative talks to another about the most pressing issue of our time.
This clip from the new climate TV series Years of Living Dangerously includes never-before-seen footage. Chris Hayes is his usual awesome self (his expression at 59 seconds … Priceless) and former South Carolina Congressman Bob Inglis is my new hero. The segment touches on all sorts of important stuff—how kids are teaching their parents about climate change is a big one. Let’s all work together to make it safe for the GOP to come out of the closet on climate.
News broke last week that Rep. Grimm is being charged with campaign finance fraud. Rep. Grimm has been a colorful figure since taking office. But at least his climate conscience is clear!
Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere hit a new record in 2019 and have continued climbing this year, despite lockdowns and other measures to curb the pandemic, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) said on Monday, citing preliminary data.
- 13 Must-Read Climate Change Reports for 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- Large Methane Leaks Soar 32% Despite Lockdowns and Green ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
These black-and-white lizards could be the punchline of a joke, except the situation is no laughing matter.
By Isabella Garcia
September in Portland, Oregon, usually brings a slight chill to the air and an orange tinge to the leaves. This year, it brought smoke so thick it burned your throat and made your eyes strain to see more than 20 feet in front of you.
- 16 Essential Books About Environmental Justice, Racism and Activism ›
- 7 Devastating Photos of Wildfires in California, Oregon and ... ›
- Several West Coast Cities Have the World's Worst Air - EcoWatch ›
- Extremely Rare Leopard Cubs Born in Connecticut Zoo - EcoWatch ›
- Small Wild Cats Face Big Threats Including Lack of Conservation ... ›
- 5 Species Bouncing Back From the Brink of Extinction - EcoWatch ›