- What You Need to Know About the Flint Water Crisis - EcoWatch ›
- Michigan Agrees to Pay $600 Million to Flint Water Crisis Victims ... ›
- Michael Moore: 10 Things They Won't Tell You About the Flint Water ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By Tara Lohan
When Shalanda Baker stopped in Oaxaca, Mexico in 2009 to brush up on her Spanish before heading to Colombia, she didn't realize it would be a life-changing event. She'd just left her job at a corporate law firm with the hope of lending her expertise to communities fighting coal mines or other dirty energy projects in South America.
Solar PV panels covering the roof of a home in Oahu, Hawaii. Tony Webster / CC BY 2.0
- A 'Green Stimulus' Could Battle Three Crises: Coronavirus ... ›
- Federal Energy Regulators Reject Attack on Rooftop Solar Policies ... ›
Like many other plant-based foods and products, CBD oil is one dietary supplement where "organic" labels are very important to consumers. However, there are little to no regulations within the hemp industry when it comes to deeming a product as organic, which makes it increasingly difficult for shoppers to find the best CBD oil products available on the market.
Charlotte's Web<img type="lazy-image" data-runner-src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNDcwMjk3NS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY0MzQ0NjM4N30.SaQ85SK10-MWjN3PwHo2RqpiUBdjhD0IRnHKTqKaU7Q/img.jpg?width=980" id="84700" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="a2174067dcc0c4094be25b3472ce08c8" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" alt="charlottes web cbd oil" data-width="1244" data-height="1244" /><p>Perhaps one of the most well-known brands in the CBD landscape, Charlotte's Web has been growing sustainable hemp plants for several years. The company is currently in the process of achieving official USDA Organic Certification, but it already practices organic and sustainable cultivation techniques to enhance the overall health of the soil and the hemp plants themselves, which creates some of the highest quality CBD extracts. Charlotte's Web offers CBD oils in a range of different concentration options, and some even come in a few flavor options such as chocolate mint, orange blossom, and lemon twist.</p>
- Best CBD Oils of 2020: Reviews & Buying Guide - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD Oil for Pain Management - Top 10 CBD Oil Review 2020 ... ›
- Best CBD for Dogs 2020 - Organic CBD Oil for Pets - EcoWatch ›
- Full Spectrum CBD Oil: What To Know - EcoWatch ›
- Charlotte's Web: A Review of the Certified B Corp CBD Brand ›
- Best CBD Waters: Plus All You Need to Know - EcoWatch ›
- The Best Water Soluble CBD Available Online - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD for Sleep (Lab-Tested, Person-Tested Oils) - EcoWatch ›
- CBD Oil for Dogs: 7 Benefits & Treatment Guide - EcoWatch ›
- NuLeaf Naturals CBD Review | Are They Worth The Cost? - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD Capsules & Pills - Buyer's Guide (Update for 2021) - EcoWatch ›
- Because Price Matters: Most Affordable CBD Oils of 2021 - EcoWatch ›
- Strongest CBD Oils to Buy in 2021? - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD Oils For Pain: Top 3 Brands of 2021 - EcoWatch ›
- Best CBD Vape Pen: Top Brands of 2020 - EcoWatch ›
Wednesday's pro-Trump mob attack on the U.S. Capitol brought upon a flurry of responses from elected officials. "We now will be part of history, as such a shameful picture of our country was put out to the world, instigated at the highest level," Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California wrote in a letter to her colleagues, according to The New York Times.
- Noam Chomsky Believes Trump Is “the Worst Criminal in Human ... ›
- First Thing: is Trump a 'law and order' president, or a lawless one ... ›
- Opinion | Trump's environmental lawlessness - The Washington Post ›
- Indian-American groups condemn attack on US Capitol - world news ... ›
- Business Leaders Condemn Violence on Capitol Hill: 'This is Sedition' ›
By Jessica Corbett
A joint report on Monday highlighted the pressure that President-elect Joe Biden is already facing to deliver on his environmental justice campaign promises—particularly when it comes to the 34 Superfund sites nationwide for which there is no reliable cleanup funding—the largest backlog of "unfunded" sites in 15 years.
- U.S. Military Is World's Biggest Polluter - EcoWatch ›
- Do You Live Near One of the 1,300 Most Toxic Sites in America ... ›
- 945 Toxic Waste Sites at Risk of Disaster From Climate Crisis ... ›
By Kristy Dahl
In early January of this year, fresh off the experience of writing a year-end blog post for 2019, I started a project that I thought would make writing this year's year-end post easier. I created a little 2020 calendar on which I planned to record the one big thing that happened in the climate change space each day. In my mind I called it "The Daily Big Deal," and I could envision myself sitting here, as I am, on December 17, reviewing the year's climate-related events and deftly knitting them together in the blog post equivalent of a beautiful scarf made of reclaimed yarn. Or an ugly sweater. Or whatever.
Financial commitments to the fossil fuel industry have far outpaced commitments to clean energy in G20 countries since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 5 Ways to Fight the Climate Crisis in 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- Climate Change Named Biggest Global Threat in New WEF Risks ... ›
- 13 Must-Read Climate Change Reports for 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- 2021 Global Climate Forecast: Slightly Less Hot Than 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- Where Do We Go From Here? - EcoWatch ›
- Global Warming Heats 2020 to Record Temps - EcoWatch ›
By Andrea Germanos
President-elect Joe Biden will nominate Michael Regan, the top environmental official in North Carolina, to head the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), according to multiple news reports Thursday.
- 550 Groups Urge Biden to Become #PlasticFreePresident With 8 ... ›
- Biden Considers Obama-Era EPA Chief, Others for Key Climate ... ›
- The Rebuilding Years Begin Now - EcoWatch ›
The federal government is more likely to take action aimed at reducing the severity of future wildfires in white and wealthy communities, according to new findings reported by the New York Times.
- Study: Feds Response to Hurricane Maria Slower, Less Generous ... ›
- Fighting Climate Change Is a Social Justice Issue Too - EcoWatch ›
- Kamala Harris Introduces Environmental Justice Bill in Senate ... ›
- Wildfires May Exacerbate Asthma in the Western United States - EcoWatch ›
By Jessica Corbett
With President Donald Trump's first term soon coming to an end, the Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday finalized a rule that critics are calling a last-minute attempt to "sabotage" future efforts by President-elect Joe Biden's incoming administration to tackle the intertwined climate and pollution crises.
<div id="79e9e" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="10dec355a3d65196f053839e555b698e"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1336748228654587904" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">Speaking to @CoralMDavenport @nytimes about the rule announced today by @EPAAWheeler, EPN member Roy Gamse said, "I… https://t.co/nQDJ5Pl66R</div> — Environmental Protection Network (@Environmental Protection Network)<a href="https://twitter.com/EnvProtectioNet/statuses/1336748228654587904">1607540587.0</a></blockquote></div>
<div id="a96f2" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="3d5be0826b85983df331ef552ed4573a"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet twitter-custom-tweet" data-twitter-tweet-id="1336807701171605507" data-partner="rebelmouse"><div style="margin:1em 0">This rule will distort @EPA analysis by discounting the health benefits of air pollution standards & prioritizing t… https://t.co/UnJjArprPn</div> — Rep. Frank Pallone (@Rep. Frank Pallone)<a href="https://twitter.com/FrankPallone/statuses/1336807701171605507">1607554767.0</a></blockquote></div>
- States Sue Trump EPA for Suspending Environmental Regulations ... ›
- Trump's Latest EPA Rollback Lets Polluters Spew More Lead ... ›
- While We Focus on COVID-19, Trump's EPA Is Quietly Killing Us ... ›
- Report Urges Biden to Reverse Trump's Environmental Rollbacks - EcoWatch ›
The climate crisis already has a death toll, and it will get worse if we don't act to reduce emissions.
- 'Every Child Born Today Will Be Profoundly Affected by Climate ... ›
- Coronavirus Response Proves the World Can Act on Climate Change ›
- 5 Things About Climate Change and Coronavirus From WHO ... ›
The threat to affordable housing from flooding driven by climate change will likely triple in the next 30 years, new research shows.
- James Hansen: Dangerous Sea Level Rise Will Occur in Decades ... ›
- Mangroves Threatened by Sea Level Rise Could Disappear by 2050 ›
- Sea-Level Rise Takes Business Toll in North Carolina's Outer Banks ... ›
In yet another attack on the environment before leaving office, the Trump administration is seeking to transfer ownership of San Carlos Apache holy ground in Oak Flat, Arizona, to a copper mining company.
- Mining Giant BHP Pauses Plans to Blast 40 Aboriginal Heritage Sites ›
- Mining Company CEO Forced to Resign After Blasting of 46,000 ... ›
- Rio Tinto Blasted Away an Ancient Aboriginal Site. Here's Why That ... ›
Greenpeace Releases Sweeping Policy Plans To Fight Inequality, Racial Injustice, COVID-19 and Climate Crisis
A Greenpeace activist protests in Warsaw, Poland on April 22, 2020. "Going back to normal is not an option," a new report from Greenpeace USA insists. Rafal Wojczal / Greenpeace Polska
By Andrea Germanos
The "just, green, and peaceful future we deserve is possible and together we can build the power to manifest it."
So declares Greenpeace USA's new "Just Recovery Agenda." Released Tuesday and packed with more than 100 sweeping policy recommendations for President-elect Joe Biden and members of the next U.S. Congress to embrace, the visionary document plots out a path for erecting new systems that no longer put corporate greed above the public and planet's well-being.
- Biden Vows to Bar Fossil Fuel Leaders From Transition Team ... ›
- Greenpeace Report Envisions 'Smart Supermarkets' Free From ... ›
- Green New Deal Champion AOC Will Serve on Biden Climate Panel ... ›
- Biden Considers Obama-Era EPA Chief, Others for Key Climate Positions - EcoWatch ›