The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
The climate crisis has caused Japanese cherry blossoms to bloom in October and sped the arrival of spring in much of the U.S. But it turns out that humans aren't the only animals who can trick plants into flowering early.
<span style="display:block;position:relative;padding-top:56.25%;" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="8c2bff1db53183539dd61a18086f2683"><iframe lazy-loadable="true" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3z1OH_ebxrI?rel=0" width="100%" height="auto" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></span>
- Bumblebees Face Extinction From the Climate Crisis - EcoWatch ›
- To Help Save Bumble Bees, Plant These Flowers in Your Spring ... ›
At least 84 people were killed when Cyclone Amphan walloped India and Bangladesh Wednesday, bringing "war-like" destruction to the city of Kolkata in the Indian state of West Bengal, The Guardian reported.
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
The scientist behind Florida's widely praised coronavirus dashboard was fired Monday because she refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen," she told CBS12 News Monday.
- We Should Be Listening to Our Scientists and Experts Right Now ... ›
- You're Fired! Trump Administration Shows Experts the Door ... ›
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Set for Record Decline Due to ... ›
- India's Air Pollution Plummets in COVID-19 Lockdown - EcoWatch ›
- Coronavirus Is Pushing More Work Online. Is That Good for the ›
- Bluer Skies, Less Greenhouse Gas. What Happens After the ... ›
Johnson & Johnson will stop selling its iconic but increasingly controversial talc baby powder in the U.S. and Canada, the company announced Tuesday.
- Asbestos, Ubiquitous and Unavoidable, Is a Deadly Threat to Our Kids ›
- Johnson & Johnson Knew About Asbestos in Baby Powder for ... ›
- Johnson & Johnson Recalls 33,000 Baby Powder Bottles After FDA ... ›
- Construction Begins on Keystone XL Pipeline in Montana - EcoWatch ›
- Mayflower Residents to John Kerry: Listen to Joe Biden, Reject ... ›
- Coronavirus Vaccine Candidate Shows Promise in Mice - EcoWatch ›
- Coronavirus: The Tide Is Coming for Medicinal Cannabis - EcoWatch ›
Scientists have "rediscovered" a rare blue bee that they feared was extinct.
- Beat the COVID-19 Blues With These Wildlife and Nature Livecams ... ›
- Bees and Beekeepers Feel the Sting of Trump Administration's Anti ... ›
- Coronavirus Lockdowns Keep Bees at Home and Put Crops at Risk - EcoWatch ›
New York state has rejected the controversial Williams pipeline that would have carried fracked natural gas from Pennsylvania through New Jersey, running beneath New York Harbor and the Atlantic Ocean before connecting to an existing pipeline system off Long Island.
- New York Regulators Block Controversial Natural Gas Pipeline ... ›
- People Power Can Stop the Line 3 Tar Sands Pipeline in Minnesota ... ›