The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
Andrew Yang Reveals Almost $5 Trillion Plan to Address Climate Crisis
Stephen Maturen / Stringer / Getty Images
Entrepreneur and 2020 hopeful Andrew Yang released a plan to address the climate crisis Monday, calling for investments in technology to get to net-zero emissions by 2049 and providing federal funding to relocate communities at risk.
Yang, who has campaigned on his Silicon Valley background, emphasizes technical innovation in his plan, providing nearly $5 trillion in various technology investments including geoengineering, nuclear updates and grid modernization, as well as $400 billion in vouchers for voters to help "wash out the influence" of the oil and gas industry.
Yang's plan also calls for money to literally move Americans to higher ground as sea levels rise.
For a deeper dive:
- 'We Should Be Retreating Already From the Coastline,' Scientist ... ›
- It's Time to Retreat from the Coastline, Says Science - EcoWatch ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By Julia Ries
- Two flu strains are overlapping each other this flu season.
- This means you can get sick twice from different flu strains.
- While the flu vaccine isn't a perfect match, it's the best defense against the flu.
To say this flu season has been abnormal is an understatement.