Vegan Myths Debunked
You’ve heard it all before: Vegans are so pasty and unhealthy—they certainly can’t be getting enough protein! And you have to have pockets full of cash to even think about going vegan. Right? Wrong.
This infographic from Ethical Ocean explains:
Bonus infographic from PETA:
Deforested peat forest in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. Rhett A. Butler / Mongabay
- Amazon Rainforest Will Collapse by 2064, New Study Predicts ... ›
- Plants Are Decades Away From Absorbing Less Carbon, Study ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
What's in a name? Apparently, a lot. According to the European Union (EU), plant-based, dairy alternatives commonly referred to as almond milk or vegan cheese cannot be marketed as such. New, stricter rules under consideration this week could ban the vegan products from even referencing anything dairy-like or using packaging associated with the dairy industry.
Therapeutic riding as occupational therapy, dogs visiting children with learning disabilities in school or hens spending time with seniors in elderly homes – so called animal-assisted interventions are manifold.
- 5 Surprising Ways People Are Coping During the Pandemic ... ›
- How to Evacuate With Pets During a Natural Disaster - EcoWatch ›
By Brett Wilkins
One hundred seconds to midnight. That's how close humanity is to the apocalypse, and it's as close as the world has ever been, according to Wednesday's annual announcement from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, a group that has been running its "Doomsday Clock" since the early years of the nuclear age in 1947.
- Scientists Discover New Population of Endangered Blue Whales ... ›
- Endangered Blue Whales Make 'Unprecedented' Comeback to ... ›
- Endangered North Atlantic Right Whale Calves Spotted Off Coast ... ›
- Only 366 Endangered Right Whales Are Alive: New NOAA Report ... ›