The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
21 Best Vegan Cookbooks of 2016
This is #TheYearOfVegan and the proof is in the vegan pudding. Vegan food blogs are everything, new restaurants are opening left and right, and chain restaurants are offering more vegan options. Equally important is the fact that more and more people are enthusiastically partaking of this vegan explosion.
Recently, we've seen the release of many vegan cookbooks. This is super-exciting, because sometimes it's nice to peruse an actual book (not the Internet) while looking for a recipe and be untethered from the computer while preparing a scrumptious meal.
Here are our favorite cookbooks from this year so far:
1. Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking
2. PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook
This book is chock-full of simple vegan recipes for the student on a budget (or anyone else interested in affordable vegan meals!)
3. Oh She Glows Every Day
4. Vegan Bowl Attack!
We just love the subtitle of this recipe book, Sweet and Savory Vegan Recipes Made Egg-Free With the Magic of Bean Water. You have to try aquafaba to know how magical it is!
6. Thug Kitchen 101
These hilarious masterminds can't stop publishing bestselling cookbooks and they're back with this guide to quick, vegan meals.
7. The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur
9. The Friendly Vegan Cookbook
10. Forks Over Knives Family
11. Vegan Mexico
12. The Little Vegan Cookbook
Don't be fooled by the name—this pocket-sized cookbook is a compilation of more than 500 recipes from multiple vegan cookbooks and authors and covers everything from appetizers to desserts.
13. The Help Yourself Cookbook for Kids
This irresistible cookbook presents 60 appealing recipes kids will beg to make themselves, in fun and charming illustrations they will love.
15. The Make Ahead Vegan Cookbook
With Leinana's basic plant-based bacon recipes, you can whip up Bacon Apple Fritters, Bacon-Stuffed French Toast, Risotto with Peas and Mushroom Bacon, and so much more.
17. Easy Vegan Breakfasts & Lunches
18. N’ice Cream
19. The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook
20. The Love & Lemons Cookbook
21. Dining at The Ravens
You can't go wrong with a cookbook by The Ravens Restaurant at The Stanford Inn by the Sea—one of the most delicious vegan restaurants in California.
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By Whitney E. Akers
- "The Game Changers" is a new documentary on Netflix that posits a vegan diet can improve athletic performance in professional athletes.
- Limited studies available show that the type of diet — plant-based or omnivorous — doesn't give you an athletic advantage.
- We talked to experts about what diet is the best for athletic performance.
Packed with record-setting athletes displaying cut physiques and explosive power, "The Game Changers," a new documentary on Netflix, has a clear message: Vegan is best.
By John R. Platt
When it comes to solving problems related to wildlife trade, there are an awful lot of "sticky widgets."
By Bijal Trivedi
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report on Nov. 13 that describes a list of microorganisms that have become resistant to antibiotics and pose a serious threat to public health. Each year these so-called superbugs cause more than 2.8 million infections in the U.S. and kill more than 35,000 people.