The Australian Supreme Court has stepped in to put an immediate halt to a logging project in east Victoria while it waits for cases about the health of native species to be heard in court, according the Brisbane Times.
- Australia Airdrops Thousands of Carrots, Sweet Potatoes to ... ›
- Australia Firefighters Save the Only Wild Prehistoric Wollemi Pines ... ›
- 3 U.S. Firefighters Die in Plane Crash While Battling Australia Fires ... ›
- Amazon Sees Alarming Rise in Deforestation - EcoWatch ›
Burrowing owls, which make their homes in small holes in the ground, are having a rough time in Florida. That's why Marco Island on the Gulf Coast passed a resolution to pay residents $250 to start an owl burrow in their front yard, as the Marco Eagle reported.
- Living with burrowing owls in Cape Coral ›
- Florida Burrowing Owl becomes a state listed threatened species ... ›
- Burrowing Owl Life History, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology ›
- Burrowing Owls Are the Family Next Door in this Florida Boom Town ... ›
- Burrowing Owl | Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission ›