By Tara Lohan
It was 1985 and privatization, deregulation and free trade were in the air. Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and President Ronald Reagan were negotiating a free trade deal — a precursor to NAFTA. Among the goods it would cover: "Water, including … mineral waters … ice and snow."
- Inside Baltimore's Fight Over Water Privatization - Pacific Standard ›
- As Big Beer Moves In, Activists in Mexicali Fight To Keep Their Water ›
- Stand Up To Water Privatization: Take the Pledge | Story of Stuff ›
- Water Privatization | Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund ›
- The Global Fight Over Our Drinking Water Is Just Getting Started ... ›