In 2018, there were about 5 million electric cars on the road globally. It sounds like a large number, but with well over a billion cars worldwide, electric vehicles are still only a small percentage.
- Amsterdam Plans to Ban All Non-Electric Vehicles by 2030 - EcoWatch ›
- Trump's Christmas Gift to Big Oil: Killing Hopes of Electric Car Tax ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
In Long Beach, California, some electric buses can charge along their route without cords or wires.
When a bus reaches the Pine Avenue station, it parks over a special charging pad. While passengers get on and off, the charger transfers energy to a receiver on the bottom of the bus.
- The Volkswagen Hippie Bus Is Back and Now It's Electric - EcoWatch ›
- San Francisco Seeks 100% Electric Bus Fleet by 2035 - EcoWatch ›
- World's Largest Battery and Rapid-Charge Network Launches to ... ›
By Adrian Martinez
Dean Florez is preparing for what he calls "one of the biggest votes I've ever taken" as an air regulator at an influential agency with national clout.