In 2018, there were about 5 million electric cars on the road globally. It sounds like a large number, but with well over a billion cars worldwide, electric vehicles are still only a small percentage.
- Amsterdam Plans to Ban All Non-Electric Vehicles by 2030 - EcoWatch ›
- Trump's Christmas Gift to Big Oil: Killing Hopes of Electric Car Tax ... ›
In Long Beach, California, some electric buses can charge along their route without cords or wires.
When a bus reaches the Pine Avenue station, it parks over a special charging pad. While passengers get on and off, the charger transfers energy to a receiver on the bottom of the bus.
- The Volkswagen Hippie Bus Is Back and Now It's Electric - EcoWatch ›
- San Francisco Seeks 100% Electric Bus Fleet by 2035 - EcoWatch ›
- World's Largest Battery and Rapid-Charge Network Launches to ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
By Adrian Martinez
Dean Florez is preparing for what he calls "one of the biggest votes I've ever taken" as an air regulator at an influential agency with national clout.