The best of EcoWatch, right in your inbox. Sign up for our email newsletter!
By Tara Lohan
It was 1985 and privatization, deregulation and free trade were in the air. Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and President Ronald Reagan were negotiating a free trade deal — a precursor to NAFTA. Among the goods it would cover: "Water, including … mineral waters … ice and snow."
- Inside Baltimore's Fight Over Water Privatization - Pacific Standard ›
- As Big Beer Moves In, Activists in Mexicali Fight To Keep Their Water ›
- Stand Up To Water Privatization: Take the Pledge | Story of Stuff ›
- Water Privatization | Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund ›
- The Global Fight Over Our Drinking Water Is Just Getting Started ... ›