Stephen Colbert Explains Why Bernie Sanders Is Rocking Rallies All Over the Country
Last week, the new CBS/YouGov poll found U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders with 52 percent support among Democratic primary voters in New Hampshire, while former frontrunner Hillary Clinton received 30 percent. And, in Iowa, new polling released Sept. 10 puts Sanders ahead of Clinton for the first time, marking his continued and growing popularity among voters in the lead-up to the 2016 U.S. presidential election. In both Iowa and New Hampshire, Sanders’ support is strong among independent voters and those under age 30.
But nobody explains Sanders lead over Clinton better than Stephen Colbert. He says Friday evening on the Late Show, "A funny thing happened on her way to the nomination and it's Vermont Senator, and guy in front of you at the deli trying to return salami, Bernie Sanders."
And in this segment on the same evening of the Late Show, Colbert talked with Sanders on why he won't accept the terms "liberal" and "socialist" as the "insults they are meant to be." Watch here:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
By Julia Conley
Conservation campaigners on Thursday accused President Donald Trump of taking a "wrecking ball" to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as the White House announced plans to move ahead with the sale of drilling leases in the 19 million-acre coastal preserve, despite widespread, bipartisan opposition to oil and gas extraction there.
The Sheenjek River in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Alexis Bonogofsky / USFWS
- Bipartisan Bill Seeks to Ban Drilling in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge ›
- Bank of America Promises It Won't Fund Arctic Drilling - EcoWatch ›
- Trump's Drilling Leases on Public Lands Could Lead to 4.7B Metric ... ›
- Trump Administration's Alaska Oil and Gas Lease Sale a 'Major Flop ... ›
- Will Oil Companies Drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge ... ›
EcoWatch Daily Newsletter
Hot, dry and windy conditions fueled a wildfire southeast of Los Angeles Thursday that injured two firefighters and forced 25,000 to flee their homes.
- 'Explosive' Southern California Lake Fire Spreads to 10,000 Acres ... ›
- A Gender-Reveal Party Started a Wildfire That Burned Nearly ... ›
- Wildfire in LA Burns 7,000 Acres During Record-Setting Heat Wave ... ›
The climate crisis already has a death toll, and it will get worse if we don't act to reduce emissions.
- 'Every Child Born Today Will Be Profoundly Affected by Climate ... ›
- Coronavirus Response Proves the World Can Act on Climate Change ›
- 5 Things About Climate Change and Coronavirus From WHO ... ›
By Stuart Braun
The UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres addressed the dire threat of climate change Wednesday in a speech on the state of the planet delivered at Columbia University in New York.
- UN: Climate Crisis Has Doubled Natural Disasters in Last 20 Years ... ›
- Countries Pledge to Reverse Destruction of Nature After Missing ... ›
- 13 Must-Read Climate Change Reports for 2020 - EcoWatch ›
- The UN Wants to Protect 30% of the Planet by 2030 - EcoWatch ›
If you've been wanting to try CBD oil but have been concerned about the price, know that not only can you purchase affordable CBD oil, but you also can purchase high quality CBD oil at those affordable prices.