Solar Panel Cost Guide in Waukesha, WI (Feb 2023)
- Waukesha Solar Installation Cost: $13,140
- 25-Year Savings: $27,633
- Payback Period: 8.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Waukesha
When going solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a challenging project. Another advantage of utilizing a solar installer is that they can help you make the most of your ROI by cutting back on future costs of repairs and replacements with the help of warranties and giving you information on local incentives you can take advantage of.
If you're searching for a solar company in Waukesha, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Waukesha
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Waukesha
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Waukesha: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,600 per kilowatt in Waukesha. The type of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will significantly influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Furthermore, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Waukesha homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Waukesha, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.70||$11,357||$22,506||8.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.65||$14,851||$30,300||8.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.60||$18,200||$38,239||8.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.55||$21,403||$46,323||7.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.50||$24,461||$54,553||7.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.44||$27,373||$62,929||7.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.39||$30,139||$71,450||7.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.34||$32,760||$80,117||7.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will affect not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Waukesha, WI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.