Solar Panel Cost Guide in Tichigan, WI (Feb 2023)
- Tichigan Solar Installation Cost: $12,722
- 25-Year Savings: $28,051
- Payback Period: 7.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Tichigan
Installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult undertaking, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Tichigan
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Tichigan
There are many criteria that can play into your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Tichigan, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,600 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Tichigan, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a solid choice because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. While solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Tichigan homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Tichigan, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.70||$11,357||$23,663||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.65||$14,851||$31,842||8.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.60||$18,200||$40,166||7.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.55||$21,403||$48,636||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.50||$24,461||$57,252||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.44||$27,373||$66,013||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.39||$30,139||$74,920||7.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.34||$32,760||$83,973||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Tichigan, WI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.