Solar Panel Cost Guide in Muskego, WI (Feb 2023)
- Muskego Solar Installation Cost: $13,140
- 25-Year Savings: $27,633
- Payback Period: 8.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Muskego
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar panel installer since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Muskego:
See all of the solar companies in Muskego
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Muskego
For many Muskego homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Muskego, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable route because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Muskego, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Muskego have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.70||$11,357||$22,506||8.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.65||$14,851||$30,300||8.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.60||$18,200||$38,239||8.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.55||$21,403||$46,323||7.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.50||$24,461||$54,553||7.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.44||$27,373||$62,929||7.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.39||$30,139||$71,450||7.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.34||$32,760||$80,117||7.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: If you're worried about the durability of your solar energy system, verifying that your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Muskego, WI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.