Solar Panel Cost Guide in Mount Pleasant, WI (Feb 2023)
- Mount Pleasant Solar Installation Cost: $12,722
- 25-Year Savings: $28,051
- Payback Period: 7.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Mount Pleasant
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners decide to hire a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Mount Pleasant
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Mount Pleasant
There are several criteria that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,600. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Mount Pleasant, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a solid route because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Mount Pleasant homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Mount Pleasant, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.70||$11,357||$23,663||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.65||$14,851||$31,842||8.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.60||$18,200||$40,166||7.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.55||$21,403||$48,636||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.50||$24,461||$57,252||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.44||$27,373||$66,013||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.39||$30,139||$74,920||7.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.34||$32,760||$83,973||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Mount Pleasant, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a big role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's Mount Pleasant, WI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.