Solar Panel Cost Guide in Caledonia, WI (Feb 2023)
- Caledonia Solar Installation Cost: $12,722
- 25-Year Savings: $28,051
- Payback Period: 7.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Caledonia
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it takes extra labor and handiness. For that reason, most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Caledonia
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Caledonia
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Caledonia: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Caledonia average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Caledonia, which can lower, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of green energy solutions in Caledonia, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.70||$11,357||$23,663||8.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.65||$14,851||$31,842||8.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.60||$18,200||$40,166||7.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.55||$21,403||$48,636||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.50||$24,461||$57,252||7.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.44||$27,373||$66,013||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.39||$30,139||$74,920||7.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.34||$32,760||$83,973||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will impact not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should take into account, including:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you need to install plays a role in which installer you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Caledonia, WI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.