Solar Panel Cost Guide in Burlington, WI (Jan 2023)
- Burlington Solar Installation Cost: $12,904
- 25-Year Savings: $25,819
- Payback Period: 8.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Burlington
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with an installer can make converting to solar power much easier. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
Working with a licensed solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Burlington
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Burlington
There are many factors that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,600. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Burlington have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panels can influence your pricing. Burlington's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.70||$11,357||$21,395||8.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.65||$14,851||$28,817||8.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.60||$18,200||$36,386||8.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.55||$21,403||$44,100||8.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.50||$24,461||$51,959||8.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.44||$27,373||$59,964||7.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.39||$30,139||$68,115||7.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.34||$32,760||$76,411||7.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need plays a part in which installer you should opt for, since different companies have different panels.
EcoWatch's Burlington, WI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.