Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rockingham, VT (Feb 2023)
- Rockingham Solar Installation Cost: $10,829
- 25-Year Savings: $22,929
- Payback Period: 8.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rockingham
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be hard. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Rockingham
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rockingham
For many Rockingham homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Rockingham, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,870 per kilowatt in Rockingham. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Rockingham to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Rockingham is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, you'll have many options for solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.98||$12,536||$25,056||8.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.93||$16,393||$33,729||8.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.87||$20,090||$42,563||8.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.81||$23,626||$51,558||7.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.76||$27,001||$60,713||7.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.70||$30,215||$70,030||7.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.64||$33,269||$79,506||7.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.58||$36,162||$89,144||7.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose considerably impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's important to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Rockingham, VT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.