Solar Panel Cost Guide in Stone Ridge, VA (Feb 2023)
- Stone Ridge Solar Installation Cost: $15,650
- 25-Year Savings: $21,150
- Payback Period: 10.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Stone Ridge
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. The expertise that solar installers provide can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Stone Ridge
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Stone Ridge
While the average cost of a solar system in Stone Ridge is $15,650, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,750. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Stone Ridge, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Stone Ridge offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.86||$12,012||$15,162||11.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.81||$15,708||$20,524||10.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.75||$19,250||$26,040||10.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.69||$22,638||$31,710||10.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.64||$25,872||$37,534||10.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.58||$28,952||$43,512||10.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.53||$31,878||$49,644||9.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.48||$34,650||$55,930||9.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a good company.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you need to install plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies provide different panels.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Stone Ridge, VA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.