Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lake Of The Woods, VA (Jan 2023)
- Lake Of The Woods Solar Installation Cost: $15,169
- 25-Year Savings: $20,222
- Payback Period: 10.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lake Of The Woods
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be challenging. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for you.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Lake Of The Woods
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lake Of The Woods
The cost of installing a solar system in Lake Of The Woods can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,750 per kilowatt in Lake Of The Woods. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Lake Of The Woods, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Lake Of The Woods homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Lake Of The Woods is the company you get to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, you'll have many options for solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in Lake Of The Woods know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.86||$12,012||$14,922||11.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.81||$15,708||$20,204||10.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.75||$19,250||$25,640||10.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.69||$22,638||$31,230||10.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.64||$25,872||$36,974||10.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.58||$28,952||$42,872||10.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.53||$31,878||$48,924||9.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.48||$34,650||$55,130||9.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will affect not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
EcoWatch's Lake Of The Woods, VA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.