Solar Panel Cost Guide in Buckhall, VA (Jan 2023)
- Buckhall Solar Installation Cost: $15,361
- 25-Year Savings: $20,182
- Payback Period: 10.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Buckhall
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it takes extra labor and know-how. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Buckhall
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Buckhall
While the average cost of a solar system in Buckhall is $15,361, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,750 per kilowatt in Buckhall. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will significantly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Buckhall to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to paying more over time because of interest. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Buckhall, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.86||$12,012||$14,725||11.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.81||$15,708||$19,942||11.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.75||$19,250||$25,312||10.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.69||$22,638||$30,837||10.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.64||$25,872||$36,515||10.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.58||$28,952||$42,348||10.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.53||$31,878||$48,334||9.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.48||$34,650||$54,475||9.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Buckhall, VA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.