Solar Panel Cost Guide in Brambleton, VA (Jan 2023)
- Brambleton Solar Installation Cost: $15,650
- 25-Year Savings: $21,150
- Payback Period: 10.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Brambleton
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be hard. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your home.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Brambleton, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Brambleton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Brambleton
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Brambleton is $15,650, your actual cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,750 per kilowatt in Brambleton. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Brambleton have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose will influence your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.86||$12,012||$15,162||11.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.81||$15,708||$20,524||10.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.75||$19,250||$26,040||10.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.69||$22,638||$31,710||10.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.64||$25,872||$37,534||10.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.58||$28,952||$43,512||10.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.53||$31,878||$49,644||9.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.48||$34,650||$55,930||9.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you choose will be a major factor in determining not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Contract: When looking over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Brambleton, VA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.