Solar Panel Cost Guide in Belle Haven, VA (Jan 2023)
- Belle Haven Solar Installation Cost: $15,515
- 25-Year Savings: $20,688
- Payback Period: 10.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Belle Haven
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra time and expertise. That's one of the reasons almost all homeowners choose a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Belle Haven
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Belle Haven
The cost of installing a solar system in Belle Haven can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,750. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Belle Haven, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Belle Haven, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's crucial to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Belle Haven is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.86||$12,012||$14,928||11.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.81||$15,708||$20,212||10.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.75||$19,250||$25,650||10.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.69||$22,638||$31,242||10.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.64||$25,872||$36,988||10.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.58||$28,952||$42,888||10.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.53||$31,878||$48,942||9.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.48||$34,650||$55,150||9.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you opt for will affect not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, including:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Belle Haven, VA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.