Solar Panel Cost Guide in West Point, UT (Jan 2023)
- West Point Solar Installation Cost: $9,868
- 25-Year Savings: $16,309
- Payback Period: 9.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in West Point
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installer since putting up solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in West Point:
See all of the solar companies in West Point
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in West Point
The cost of installing a solar system in West Point can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in West Point, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,680 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the West Point average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many West Point homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you pick will affect your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$18,137||9.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$24,483||9.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$30,979||9.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$37,625||9.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$44,421||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$51,367||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$58,463||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$65,710||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Contract: Look through the contract terms closely to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's West Point, UT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.