Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Salt Lake, UT (Feb 2023)
- North Salt Lake Solar Installation Cost: $9,868
- 25-Year Savings: $14,797
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Salt Lake
Installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
Working with a licensed solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in North Salt Lake
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Salt Lake
For many North Salt Lake homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in North Salt Lake, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,680 per kilowatt in North Salt Lake. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like North Salt Lake, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are provided by most installers in North Salt Lake, which can reduce, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's vital to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in North Salt Lake, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$16,413||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$22,184||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$28,106||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$34,177||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$40,399||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$46,770||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$53,292||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$59,964||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar system running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's North Salt Lake, UT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.