Solar Panel Cost Guide in Eagle Mountain, UT (Jan 2023)
- Eagle Mountain Solar Installation Cost: $9,774
- 25-Year Savings: $14,352
- Payback Period: 10.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Eagle Mountain
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners decide to go with a solar installation company since installing solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming project. Some solar companies, particularly local ones, can help you better understand incentives in Eagle Mountain, therefore optimizing your ROI.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Eagle Mountain
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Eagle Mountain
There are several factors that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,680. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Eagle Mountain to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to higher prices over time because of interest. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to solar energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Eagle Mountain, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$16,085||10.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$21,747||10.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$27,559||10.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$33,521||9.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$39,633||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$45,896||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$52,308||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$58,870||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the longevity of your solar energy system, making sure your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Eagle Mountain, UT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.