Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bluffdale, UT (Jan 2023)
- Bluffdale Solar Installation Cost: $9,793
- 25-Year Savings: $13,308
- Payback Period: 10.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bluffdale
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to install solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. Solar companies offer key benefits that can help you get the most out of your investment, like warranties, monitoring and free repairs.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Bluffdale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bluffdale
There are a number of factors that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Bluffdale, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar system can influence how much you pay. Bluffdale's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.79||$11,706||$14,822||11.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.73||$15,308||$20,063||10.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.68||$18,760||$25,454||10.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.63||$22,062||$30,995||10.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.57||$25,213||$36,686||10.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.52||$28,215||$42,527||10.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,067||$48,518||9.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.41||$33,768||$54,659||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the company you choose greatly impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you need plays a role in which installer you should opt for, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Bluffdale, UT Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.