Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wylie, TX (Jan 2023)
- Wylie Solar Installation Cost: $14,518
- 25-Year Savings: $24,725
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wylie
Installing solar panels on your own can be a difficult undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers offer can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a professional solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Wylie
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wylie
The cost of installing a solar system in Wylie can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,690. The solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Wylie average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Wylie to be prohibitively expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar system can influence how much it costs. Wylie's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$18,783||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$25,345||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$32,058||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$38,921||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$45,935||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$53,100||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$60,415||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$67,881||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Wylie, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.