Solar Panel Cost Guide in Willis, TX (Jan 2023)
- Willis Solar Installation Cost: $14,480
- 25-Year Savings: $22,820
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Willis
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since trying to install solar panels on your own can be challenging. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Willis
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Willis
The cost of installing a solar system in Willis can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,690 per kilowatt in Willis. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable choice because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Willis, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,354||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,439||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,676||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$36,063||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,601||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$49,289||9.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$56,128||8.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$63,118||8.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will impact not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you hire.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Willis, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.