Solar Panel Cost Guide in Tulia, TX (Feb 2023)
- Tulia Solar Installation Cost: $13,445
- 25-Year Savings: $30,976
- Payback Period: 7.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Tulia
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners choose to hire a solar company since handling can be a time-consuming project. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your family.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Tulia
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Tulia
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Tulia: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,690 per kilowatt in Tulia. The type of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will substantially impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Tulia have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. While solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Tulia homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Tulia is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Additionally, some companies in Tulia know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$25,561||7.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$34,383||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$43,355||7.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$52,478||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$61,751||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$71,176||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$80,750||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$90,476||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, such as:
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the endurance of your solar panel system, making sure your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you want to install plays a part in which company you should opt for, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Tulia, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.