Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sunnyvale, TX (Feb 2023)
- Sunnyvale Solar Installation Cost: $14,480
- 25-Year Savings: $20,407
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sunnyvale
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra energy and knowledge. Because of that, the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Solar warranties and repairs are typically included in the cost of installation when you go with a solar contractor too, which can save you more money over time.
Working with a professional solar installer can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Sunnyvale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sunnyvale
The cost of installing a solar system in Sunnyvale can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,690. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable option because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of green energy solutions in Sunnyvale, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$15,463||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$20,918||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$26,525||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$32,282||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$38,189||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$44,247||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$50,456||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$56,815||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Sunnyvale, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.