Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sinton, TX (Feb 2023)
- Sinton Solar Installation Cost: $13,520
- 25-Year Savings: $25,737
- Payback Period: 8.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sinton
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a challenging undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
Working with a licensed solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Sinton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sinton
While the average cost of a solar system in Sinton is $13,520, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,690 per kilowatt in Sinton. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Sinton have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's crucial to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar system can influence how much it costs. Sinton's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$21,069||9.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$28,393||8.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$35,868||8.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$43,494||8.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$51,270||8.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$59,197||8.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$67,274||7.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$75,503||7.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, such as:
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Sinton, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.