Solar Panel Cost Guide in Silsbee, TX (Jan 2023)
- Silsbee Solar Installation Cost: $14,612
- 25-Year Savings: $20,707
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Silsbee
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra time and knowledge. Because of that, almost all homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Silsbee:
See all of the solar companies in Silsbee
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Silsbee
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Silsbee: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Silsbee, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Silsbee average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Silsbee, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Silsbee, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$15,562||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$21,050||10.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$26,689||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$32,479||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$38,420||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$44,511||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$50,752||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$57,145||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Silsbee, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.