Solar Panel Cost Guide in Seagoville, TX (Jan 2023)
- Seagoville Solar Installation Cost: $14,499
- 25-Year Savings: $22,689
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Seagoville
When going solar, many homeowners opt to use a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be a challenging project. The payback period on an investment in solar panels will vary depending on factors like your roof configuration and energy needs, but working with a solar installer can shorten it. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Seagoville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Seagoville
While the average cost of a solar system in Seagoville is $14,499, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,690 per kilowatt in Seagoville. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Seagoville, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable option because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Seagoville is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,245||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,295||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,495||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,846||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,348||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$49,000||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$55,803||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$62,756||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Seagoville, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.