Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pleasanton, TX (Feb 2023)
- Pleasanton Solar Installation Cost: $13,821
- 25-Year Savings: $21,210
- Payback Period: 9.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pleasanton
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to hire a solar installer since installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're unsure what kind of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Pleasanton:
See all of the solar companies in Pleasanton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pleasanton
There are several factors that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Pleasanton, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Pleasanton to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in higher prices over time due to interest. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you pick will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$16,900||10.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$22,835||10.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$28,920||9.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,156||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$41,542||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$48,079||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$54,767||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$61,606||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will influence not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: When reading over your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Pleasanton, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.