Solar Panel Cost Guide in Paloma Creek South, TX (Jan 2023)
- Paloma Creek South Solar Installation Cost: $14,424
- 25-Year Savings: $18,469
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Paloma Creek South
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a stressful project, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies offer can be invaluable as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment you need.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Paloma Creek South
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Paloma Creek South
There are several criteria that can determine your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Paloma Creek South average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are a solid option because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Paloma Creek South is the company you get to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$14,022||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$18,998||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$24,124||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$29,401||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$34,828||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$40,406||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$46,135||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$52,014||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Paloma Creek South, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.