Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Richland Hills, TX (Feb 2023)
- North Richland Hills Solar Installation Cost: $14,405
- 25-Year Savings: $22,783
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Richland Hills
Putting up solar panels yourself can be a stressful undertaking, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in North Richland Hills
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Richland Hills
For many North Richland Hills homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in North Richland Hills, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like North Richland Hills, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many North Richland Hills homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in North Richland Hills have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,413||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,519||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,775||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$36,182||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,740||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$49,448||9.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$56,307||8.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$63,317||8.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in North Richland Hills, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you want to install plays a part in which company you should opt for, since different companies offer different panels.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
EcoWatch's North Richland Hills, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.