Solar Panel Cost Guide in Los Fresnos, TX (Feb 2023)
- Los Fresnos Solar Installation Cost: $13,294
- 25-Year Savings: $19,682
- Payback Period: 10.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Los Fresnos
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to hire a solar company since putting up solar panels yourself can be a difficult project. The expertise that solar companies offer can be useful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment you need.
Working with a vetted solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Los Fresnos
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Los Fresnos
For many Los Fresnos homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Los Fresnos, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,690 per kilowatt in Los Fresnos. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Los Fresnos to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Los Fresnos is the company you choose to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$16,288||10.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$22,019||10.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$27,900||10.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$33,932||9.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$40,115||9.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$46,448||9.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$52,932||9.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$59,566||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: Warranties that cover panel repairs and maintenance over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one sign of a good company.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Los Fresnos, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.