Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lindale, TX (Feb 2023)
- Lindale Solar Installation Cost: $14,612
- 25-Year Savings: $18,257
- Payback Period: 11.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lindale
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Hiring a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Lindale:
See all of the solar companies in Lindale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lindale
For many Lindale homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Lindale, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Lindale have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's vital to include that in your estimate as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Lindale is the company you hire to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, you'll have many options for solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$13,676||11.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$18,536||11.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$23,547||11.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$28,708||10.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$34,020||10.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$39,483||10.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$45,096||10.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$50,860||10.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Lindale, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.