Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lancaster, TX (Jan 2023)
- Lancaster Solar Installation Cost: $14,480
- 25-Year Savings: $22,707
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lancaster
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Lancaster
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lancaster
The cost of installing a solar system in Lancaster can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Lancaster, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your power bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Lancaster average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Lancaster to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time due to interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Lancaster, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,257||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,311||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,515||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,870||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,375||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$49,031||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$55,838||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$62,796||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Lancaster, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.