Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lampasas, TX (Jan 2023)
- Lampasas Solar Installation Cost: $14,028
- 25-Year Savings: $21,808
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lampasas
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar power, going with a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on how to install solar panels and sometimes even information on local incentives, rebates and net metering programs.
Working with a vetted solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Lampasas
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lampasas
The cost of installing a solar system in Lampasas can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular route because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Lampasas, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,112||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,118||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,274||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,581||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,038||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$48,646||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$55,404||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$62,314||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Lampasas, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.