Solar Panel Cost Guide in Joshua, TX (Jan 2023)
- Joshua Solar Installation Cost: $14,311
- 25-Year Savings: $17,526
- Payback Period: 11.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Joshua
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a dangerous undertaking, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be best for you.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Joshua
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Joshua
There are many factors that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Joshua, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can determine by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,690 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Joshua provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of renewable energy solutions in Joshua, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Joshua know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$13,392||11.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$18,158||11.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$23,074||11.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$28,141||11.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$33,358||10.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$38,726||10.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$44,245||10.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$49,914||10.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose significantly affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Joshua, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.