Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hutchins, TX (Feb 2023)
- Hutchins Solar Installation Cost: $14,480
- 25-Year Savings: $22,707
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hutchins
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners prefer to use a solar company since handling can be a challenging project. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Hutchins
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hutchins
There are many factors that can affect your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,690 per kilowatt in Hutchins. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Hutchins average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Hutchins, which can bring down, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you get to install your solar panels can affect your pricing. Hutchins' solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because they have access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$17,257||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$23,311||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$29,515||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$35,870||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$42,375||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$49,031||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$55,838||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$62,796||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Hutchins, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.