Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hickory Creek, TX (Jan 2023)
- Hickory Creek Solar Installation Cost: $14,424
- 25-Year Savings: $18,469
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hickory Creek
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar installer since putting up a solar system yourself can be a challenging project. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Hickory Creek
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hickory Creek
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Hickory Creek is $14,424, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,690. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Hickory Creek, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. While solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Hickory Creek homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Hickory Creek is the company you choose to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$14,022||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$18,998||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$24,124||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$29,401||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$34,828||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$40,406||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$46,135||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$52,014||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Make sure you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Hickory Creek, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.