Solar Panel Cost Guide in Giddings, TX (Jan 2023)
- Giddings Solar Installation Cost: $14,235
- 25-Year Savings: $24,161
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Giddings
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners opt to hire a solar company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a challenging project. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Giddings
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Giddings
The cost of installing a solar system in Giddings can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,690. The brand of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Moreover, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are available from most installers in Giddings, which can lower, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to keep that in mind as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Giddings is the company you get to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, you'll have many options for solar installers that offer a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in Giddings have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.80||$11,750||$18,716||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.74||$15,365||$25,256||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.69||$18,830||$31,947||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.64||$22,144||$38,789||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.58||$25,308||$45,781||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.53||$28,320||$52,923||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.47||$31,182||$60,217||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.42||$33,894||$67,660||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Giddings, TX Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.